No Final Answer?

Well well, the day has finally come where i have now gone back to my schedule of studying. But then again, my schedule itself sort of allows me to relax a little.

3 day weekend, only four classes and most not at an early hour.. how nice...

In any case, my first subject today and only subject for that matter deals with philosophy, critique and some mad hatters. The lecturer whom, i feel has a rather quirky side and yet somewhat appealing by nature, mentioned that we will have to get out of our comfort zone, or more so mindsets that we have been instilt with since young or what not.

Basically in this subject we are required to critique on particular issues and not look at them in a way the world would see them... Hmm i can say it reminds me very much of the line from the bible..."Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.."

Much of media studies so far..reminds me of not conforming to the practical ways that have been deemed to be allright by society. We go along with the flow of each action or way, but we rebel them with the different principles that we hold, if not possibly the different ideas or ideals that we have come to embrace.

On top of that he also mentioned how we are required to question the books, or theories that we will now face in our subject. Reminds me yet again of another thing which i read in my unfinished "great divorce"...sigh...The part on where there was a character who pretty much i gather as a philosopher, a thinker, a questioner. In the subject today, my lecturer commented that ther is no right or wrong answer, further more when we start writing our essays, our conclusions brings us to another conclusion....that there is no fixed conclusion...The philosopher in my "Great Divorce" had mentioned to another character in the book how he will always be questioning, cause he feels there will never be a final answer for anything. Is that really so? In anything there will not be any final answer?

I guess i have to look at it in its own context. Maybe in this sense there won't be any final answer, regarding the subjecy "Authorship and Criticism". No such thing as a final answer.. I don't think that possible. When putting faith and everything else involves God, you can always be sure that there is a final answer in the end. But will you be choosing the right answer? The right path way? Choices, choices and intrusions into the mind...

My my i'm rambling...anyways back to work now.

0 comments:



Newer Post Older Post Home