Passive or Active

Once again, cultural studies has over taken my brain (as it should be at least for this year). Stepping into class yet again, we are given the medicine by our lovely lecturers, and the name of the bottle is called..."Where is your brain?".

When I was younger, I actually did stop to wonder as how is it possible that I understand what is being said to me? How is the words that are unseen can actually make sense to me even though they are not before my eyes? Why is it that certain words actually do have different meanings but i can discern which is which and able to put it into application?

Yes.. and then after thinking all that. I go MAD! Because then nothing makes sense.
It is of course another level all together too much for my comprehension.

Naturally, science has to come in to play and guess what it is called cultural science. So they will then find some factual and comprehensive way that states 'oh this is actually how it starts and how it works'. They have to say stuff like this, oh you think this way and behave like that because of the environment you brought up in, the social construct of your society which has all its own cultures..bla, bla, bla...

Then the question becomes "But are you shaped from all that?" Or are you your own person that is able to make your own decision. Is your mind, the place where ideology and all other crap that is instilled to you, an active one or a passive one?

In the end there isn't an answer for that. Because then it becomes a paradox. You can't say that when you listen to something, you disagree with it and therefore you are active or you agree with it therefore you are passive. If it were so simple, you and I wouldn't need a brain. You shall forever be, in some ways my opinion, a combo of active and passive thinking. Probably it is when you stop bothering to make a decision then you can be considered a passive person. But on the other hand you have just made a decision to not make a decision so technically you are also active. See the vicious ridiculous cycle here...and we have to LEARN stuff like this?

So in the end when you actually make a statement from your own opinion, is it really you discerning from everything you have learnt in your whole life, your experiences and what not...Or something else..?

You tell me my active or passive buddy...hehehehe.......

...

muahahahaahahahahhaa

...

I don't know why i did that! I'm passively active!



Newer Post Older Post Home