Individual Question...

I'm sure everyone at one point in their life has asked at least once to themselves. Where do I come from? How is it I know what I am? How is it i know how to speak to others? How is it I know that thing in front of me is a house,dog, or even me (if you are looking at a mirror)?

Then comes to my second part. What even constitutes us? How is it we know that who we are, we can be considered to be an individual? Aren't i not like everyone else. I breath, talk, walk, eat and feel just like everyone else around me. So what in the world makes me unique? What makes me different from everyone else? Or am I just another copy of another 'thing' or 'subject'? Or am I merely made up of other copies and i just choose what i want from those others in order to form my own individualism? Are we just clones?

I ramble a lot...

Or can we say that we are different not because of our physicalities but because of the way we think. The way our minds work and associate things as they are. The fact of having an opinion of my own. Does that make me an individual?

My fellow individuals...shall we just share what we think an individual is? How society has categorized what an individual is? Or more so...How God has created the human being called the individual?

That's enough of my ramble...

13 comments:

I think you've had too much of Pat's classes. One suggests skipping it for the rest of the semester...before you lose your MIND! :>

1:58 AM  

Hahaha...
yes most likely i've had wayyy too much of the stuff we've been tortured with this sem....and i have my vp and ed to vouch on that ..heheheh

2:12 AM  

I happen to think that they might have lost their minds as well (esp your ed. But don't tell her that, though. She'll kill me :>) :>

2:22 AM  

...I didn't say anything..but then agian you can say most of us after having gone through all this... have gone mad int he head... heheeeh

2:26 AM  

You know what, yes the media determines how we behave yada yada yada to the point where some believe that there is no such thing as "an individual". But I say, "up theirs".

Actually, for me it doesn't matter if I'm considered as "an individual" by others because. (a) I perceive myself as an individual and as far as i'm concerned, I'm pleased with how that sounds... to me at least and (b) i'm alive and well whereas these buggers who came up with all this nonsense are either dead and buried or going to be. So who's laughing now?

10:01 PM  

That's what i don't understand about... ppl have actually taken these theories by these high thinkers at face value (some anyways)... but what is so fascinating is their work doesn't reside in their lives. In fact their lives are pretty much a mess.

1:09 AM  

Hello. I have little else to add to this debate. I just thought that this post would look nicer with 7 comments rather than 6 comments.

So I decided to do something about it. :>

Wheeeeee!!!!

3:35 PM  

Check this out:

http://hedonese1.blogspot.com/2005/09/truman-show.htm

6:04 PM  

Probably sometimes i think for now more of the society will form what's the definition of an individual rather than us or someone else?probably we should look at how much we are being defined or branded by the society?

6:51 PM  

Hello~ eddie's blog led me here, so just thought of leaving some of my own crap as a memento (or to mark territories conquered to be exact!)

Superficially speaking, we are individually distinct because of our different physical structure. What makes each of us truly remarkable are the things we CHOOSE to believe in. God gave us all the freedom of choice and it is up to each and everyone of us to choose the way we live, think and feel. The sum of all choices made in our lifetimes differentiate us from everyone else.

P.S.: The above is mostly bullcrap. Assignments are driving me nuts!

2:04 AM  

Great work!
[url=http://gnmkogtv.com/updm/hrai.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vwpnmwly.com/kkwy/xyrm.html]Cool site[/url]

9:52 PM  

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

9:53 PM  

Thank you!
http://gnmkogtv.com/updm/hrai.html | http://tjmpmlud.com/rdrf/rhsy.html

9:53 PM  



Newer Post Older Post Home