Choice....when all ends

This was originally suppose to go into "The Siren", sorta like a magazine for communication students but since it has been postponed. Do read on...
___________________________________________________________________


It is a new day and you have much to do. You have
assignments to pass up tomorrow, your exams is starting exactly two days from
now, you have emails you need to read, house chores that need tending to, go to
the gym and after all that you want to catch your favourite program on TV if not at least play with a computer game.

But suddenly it hits you, the end is near. You have only one more week left to live according to doctors. One week from now,
you are going to pass away....


No, dear readers it is not a true story. But say if it was, how would you spend your last days on earth? Will you actually tend to all the work you have? Or will you drop everything and visit those you care about? Or will you try to reconcile every single relationship may it be lover, friend or foe?

For me, I will tell you I once made the stupid decision of wanting to go through all the work and complete them. Why ever for? Simply for the silly human satisfaction and peace of mind. But then, it dawned to me, it is ridiculous to want to spend and waste the short time I have left just for something that will not matter anymore. Me getting an excellent grade just before I die will not make any impact or difference. It will become pointless and meaningless.

If one were to ask me again, I will change my answer. The reply I will give this time, all those whom I never got to spend enough time with I will at least see them once more. Those whom I have hurt and offended, I will go to them and tell them I am sorry and ask for their forgiveness. For those whom I love dearly, what ever time I have left will be left solely for them. In other words, I will spend all the time I can to repair and build relationships that will no longer be with me physically.

For me I believe very much, that is not the end of the road when death touches. For it is just an end to a physical being on earth, a shell that will be destroyed. The soul will then move on to a different plane. The land of paradise and an endless horizon, white shores and forever lit. But that is another story.
This article is about the choice you make if you knew you had a short time left to live. But should not that be the same though that can be given to our life all the time. Time on earth as it is, will seem so short when you think about it. All the materialistic values you hold on to will be no longer of value anymore. What is the point of taking a valuable item or a good grade to the grave? Would it not be nicer to pass on knowing there was a positive change from a loss life? Would it not be nice for one to see a smile before all becomes complete darkness? It is your choice of how you make your life in the end.
___________________________________________________________________
To just add a little more, I'm not being sadistic or anything, but it was just that i was going through my documents and figure this might be interesting to put up. ^_^I'm putting it up here for you all to read. Funnily it coincides with now, cause I just finished my assignments and also exams are coming up and also it is part of something that i pondered about this week.

4 comments:

hey, but think of it. why is it when were 'dying' that were more concerned bout ppl we've hurt?
shouldn't caring bout ppl be an on going cycle.
i suppose, the best thing is to just live the moment. have that satisfaction of doing ur assingments as well as enjoying the company of those u care for.
lifes never going to be simple, but thinking n pondering on it isn't going to get us anywhere.
well, here's my 2 cents worth..
n hi linora .. surprised at my visit?

10:11 PM  

Hehehe hi there my dear girl, ^_^
where the chats on msn aren't there, i chat with you here ^_^.

But you've got a point,at your first line and you are also right in saying that it should be an ongoing process of being concerned with others we hurt.. Maybe it is because of human nature where everything is on the self, that sometimes we tend to forget about the lives around us. I could be mistaken.

Live in the moment with joy and thanksgiving always ^_^.

10:25 PM  

I would sever my relations with people, hurt them enough so that they will hate me and won't miss me (if there is a chance of that) when I'm gone.

6:45 PM  

Quite a harsh way, your method is, no?

12:25 AM  



Newer Post Older Post Home